WHAT IS CANCER?
Cancer starts when abnormal cells in a part of the body start to grow out of control. Cells become cancer cells because of DNA damage. Most cancer cells grow and multiply to form a tumors. Over time, these tumors replace normal tissue, crowding organs and pushing them aside resulting in pain and abnormal tissue/organ function. Some cancers do not form tumors. Instead, these cancer cells involve the blood and blood-forming organs and circulate through other tissues where they grow.
Cancer, its origin, growth and activity remains a mystery. But through the tireless efforts of cancer research, we’ve come a long way in treating and often curing it.
ATTEND MY LECTURE ON CANCER AND LEARN EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS DISEASE – AND YOUR ROLE IN ITS PREVENTION.
At my lecture, you will learn all about CANCER PREVENTION:
- Causes and predisposing factors
- Symptoms associated with the disease
- How cancer is detected and diagnosed?
- Some of the serious health conditions associated with the disease
- How it can be prevented
- Current research on the topic
- Role of nutrition and exercise role on cancer
- Nutrients that help prevent and impact this disease
AND OF COURSE, A FOOD AND WINE PAIRING, featuring the foods that help prevent and support CANCER.